An unaccustomed calm

What's this about? It's 5 days before Christmas, I have all my presents wrapped, and I'm feeling a stillness that I haven't felt in Advent before. A watchfulness that I'm not used to. Normally, on December 19, I'm running madly from pillar to post, trying desperately to tie up all the loose ends. Either I have no loose ends this year, or I have decided to let them all hang. The latter, I think.

This is not like me; or maybe this is the real me. I have been struggling with things at church for so long that perhaps I have forgotten what a deep breath feels like. How peaceful it can feel to cut yourself adrift with another shore in your spyglass. Advent is the season of hope, after all.

Even so come, Lord Jesus.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you! Advent should be a time of stillness and watchfulness, but so few of us ever seem to actually experience that!

Merry Christmas, Judith, to you and your family!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

Summer blahs ...

When life turns on a dime ...