A midget mea culpa

It's my fault, as much as anyone's. What do I do now?

I paid bills last night -- 10 of them, including a couple of charitable contributions.  This took me a whole twenty minutes on my computer, even stopping to let the dogs out and in again, and pausing to grab a can of Diet Coke.

Then I went downstairs and turned on the TV. And there it was, right on CNN -- the Post Office is in worse shape than ever. Half of the processing centers (including a BIG one near me) may have to close.  People are going to lose jobs. This sucks. Merry Christmas, you're unemployed.

What now? Go back to writing and mailing checks? Send Christmas cards? (I had to give that up years ago; besides, we have a wonderful parish Christmas card now that we all contribute a message to, and it goes to everyone on the mailing list. Too tempting to refuse). I'm afraid I'm not a good enough person to take a step backwards from e-checks, e-cards, and e-mail.

Which makes me wonder ... what other kinds social problems am I helping to cause, without even meaning to?

Is this what's called "structural sin"? And what do we do about it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

Summer blahs ...

When life turns on a dime ...