Watching, waiting for "Sandy"

We scrambled all day yesterday to get ready for Hurricane Sandy. It was arduous: the hunt for flashlights and batteries, the attempt to consume frozen food, hauling the outdoor furniture inside ... you know the drill.

Or maybe you don't. I certainly didn't.

We've been told to prepare for up to ten days without power. Ten days? Ten days! It's a whole new definition of hardship for me, little suburban hothouse flower that I am.

So, I have an armada of flashlights, camping lanterns, and candles, ready to deploy at a moment's notice. I bought those non-perishables, too: crackers, fruits, nuts, and the ever-popular peanut butter.

How long can I live on peanut butter and Wheat Thins (reduced fat version)?

What I'm lacking in this experience is ... well ... experience.  I have no idea what to expect. The last time a powerful hurricane really hit the Delmarva area, I was an infant (yes, it was that long ago). At the moment we have only light rain and a breeze.  

So, we'll see. I hope the waiting and the uncertainty are actually the worst part of Sandy.  Time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

What I said ...