Mouth on legs

Well, I did it. My mother always called me the "mouth on legs."

I make a snarky remark in response to a good friend's facebook post (because, you see, I am the Queen of Snark), and I knew my friend would understand my point of view.

And she did. But a mutual friend didn't, and took it very (very very) personally.  She took it as a personal attack on herself and her family, which it wasn't. It was a general (though pointed) comment.

The original post showed a young boy with a rare albino deer he had killed. I hate guns and I hate hunting, and I wish people wouldn't teach 7-year-olds to kill innocent creatures. I believe animals have souls. I love my dogs dearly, and I don't know where you draw that line between pets and animals it's OK to kill. So I don't draw it.

And of course I commented on all this in my typical blunt fashion.

Well, you can try to smooth things over, but you can't unsay them. You can apologize for the tone. You can apologize for your lack of sensitivity in not commenting in a private message instead of on open facebook.

But sometimes you can't apologize for the opinion. You can't take the opinion back.  And then you're stuck with it, and with the anger you cause.

I will try not to do this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

Summer blahs ...