Free at last!


Well, I did it! My last day at work was Friday, June 30th.

For all my sentimental readers, I'd like to tell you that I woke up on July 1st and felt like I was dangling over the void. That the future stretches out before me like an undifferentiated, gray plain, wandered aimlessly by folk who have lost their reason for living. That I miss all the productive, life-saving work that I did in the law library.

But I would never lie to you. I now feel like I can leap tall buildings, scale rocky heights (well, short rocky heights). And I can count with no hands the lives I saved over my career.

Now I have time to read the morning office on my sunny front porch. Time to tackle little projects I have put off. Time to spend with my dogs and my husband (none of us is getting any younger). And I have volunteer work in a hospice facility that I find deeply satisfying.

So don't hesitate. Jump! Why work one more second, unless you love your job? Take that leap!

There's life on the other side. I promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

Summer blahs ...