Finding my balance...

I've been retired for a bit over two years now. I love not having to get up and go into Philly every day. It's a special treat not to have to ride SEPTA, which was always the weak link in my commute. I miss the people I worked with, but most of them have now retired, too -- and we are all in touch.

None of us is ready for the rocking chair, at right.

But I have to admit, I haven't yet hit my stride. My schedule is minimal: every Tuesday, and every other Wednesday, I  serve as a volunteer chaplain in hospice inpatient units. I love this work! Yet I have no temptation to look for a paid position.

My problem is that, barring a sudden disaster or diagnosis, most of what I would like to do can always be done tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or ... whenever.

And so not much gets done. My garden is like me -- colorful but weedy. My house is not the cleanest. I have read my way through several mystery series this summer, but the serious reading I had planned to do has not been touched. I hate cooking, so I don't spend any time on that.

I have managed to do a tai chi class in our local adult school at least once a week. But the gym membership has not been used in many months. I hope I can still find the membership card.

So, here I am, just looking for motivation. All advice is welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

Summer blahs ...