On spiritual warfare

I have just about finished a very challenging book recommended to me by someone at church: Holy Vulnerability, by Mike Flynn, an Episcopal priest. What an eye-opener! Fr. Flynn is part of the charismatic renewal movement within the Episcopal Church, and this book reflects that perspective. But what a different perspective from my own!

The matter arose at the Church on the Pike when a friend asked me to pray that our church's own renewal might be successful and not fall prey to the "Evil One." I guess I got a funny look on my face when she said this to me, because I was immediately handed Fr. Flynn's book.

Now, despite having seen The Exorcist 4 or 5 times when it first came out, and having read with great interest Malachi Martin's book Hostage to the Devil, I'm just not sure what I think about the objective reality of demons in this world, where so many problems can be attributed to man himself.

But maybe not all problems. I have a good deal of thinking about this to do yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

Summer blahs ...