Missing the absent

I almost hesitate to blog about this, but there are many faces absent from the Church on the Pike this summer.

Now we all know Episcopalians often take the summer off, as they head to their beach houses, but the pews seem strangely empty, even for summer. On those Sundays when I'm one of the Eucharistic Ministers, communion is over in a flash. It seems like we go down the rail only once or twice. I'm not liking this.

Some people who hardly ever miss church, even in the "off-season, " have been largely missing this summer. I suspect some of them are church-shopping. Change has come rapidly to our church, since we have become "Purpose-Driven," and some parishioners have told me they don't feel like they're in an Episcopal Church anymore. I don't like hearing it, but I do know what they mean. The atmosphere has changed quite a bit.

I don't want people to leave! Can't we all get through this together?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

Summer blahs ...