Debate night chez Midget

As your resident political junkie, I have been glued to the TV for all the Obama/McCain debates, and for the Palin/Biden debate, which was arguably one of the great comedy shows of all time. I have not been able to get J. interested in watching, however -- he says he knows who he's voting for already. So he goes out to run 5 miles, and I snuggle down on the bed surrounded by dogs.

Last night, fortified with a glass of wine and a big bowl of popcorn, I settled in. Shadow waited patiently for an occasional piece of popcorn. Amber reclined on her back, legs in the air, in what a friend of mine calls her "slutpuppy" pose. And Max growled occasionally at John McCain. I think he just doesn't like the squeaky, whiny voice.

He didn't like Sarah Palin, either. She probably said "Doggone" one too many times for his taste.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I watched the debate with four gay men, a social worker, and my husband. We yelled at McCain. A lot. You can probably imagine about 456 reasons that our little group of 3 seminarians and 4 spouses can't stand him or (maybe especially? his running mate!) :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

When life turns on a dime ...

Summer blahs ...