The Episcopal Church: All are welcome here!!!!

Well, I hope this graphic is large and colorful enough to make the message clear: despite being disciplined by the less enlightened portions of the Anglican Communion, we Episcopalians stand fast on the belief that all are entitled to marry. Man-woman, man-man, woman-woman -- it's all good. Any two people with good intentions and a pulse may marry in the Episcopal Church.

A lot of deliberation went into the recent change in our canons. And while it's true that you can't please all the people all the time, most of the people I know seem pleased that same-sex marriage is now approved.

As for the Anglican Communion, which a friend of mine today referred to as the last, tattered remnants of the British Empire, well, maybe it's time to move forward without them. At any rate, I plan to add the "disciplining" of the Episcopal Church to the long (very, very long) list of things that don't keep me awake at night.

Meanwhile, join us in church. You're ALL welcome.

Comments

Anita Wood said…
Wow! Your blog-site is really developed. I love it! I really don't know the first thing about blogging. Any pointers?
Hope your snow days were lovely, by the way.
Anita

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Grumpy

Summer blahs ...

When life turns on a dime ...